Friday, December 19, 2014

Week 2 of Flash Fiction Friday! Yay! :)

The others in my writing group aren't doing this, but for some reason I want all of my Flash Fictions to center around one (or two...) characters. The character named Cassie is going to be a thread linking all of my FF's together. Don't ask me why I feel the need to focus them all on a certain character rather than separate people and stories like the others are doing. I guess I'm just weird like that!

Anyhoo, the prompt this week was:


And here is my 100 word response (granted I counted correctly):

The box was small, hardly big enough for anything. It was lined with green velvet and played a gentle, familiar melody that brought a smile to Cassie's usually frowning lips.
Luke peered around the corner and caught her staring at it. "An impulse buy," he told her. "Thought you might like it."
Cassie almost told him he was sweet to think of her, until she realized the music box was the only thing he'd returned with.
"You were suppose to be looking for food."
"You try finding coffee on an alien planet!"
"For the last time, coffee isn't food."

 Follow the links below to read the other responses:
katesnovelidea.blogspot.com


2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you're doing this! I really want to know more about this alien world and these characters. I really enjoyed this one. Luke and Cassie's relationship seems sweet, and I cracked up at the line, "For the last time, coffee isn't food."

    ReplyDelete
  2. In high school we had to write these journal entries so I wrote about the same two characters over and over again. I remember loving it so much, so I'm excited for you to have all of your entries be about these poor stranded people!

    ReplyDelete